Feb 24, 2007

Have you met Jesus?

(post from when I had my blog on Homeschoolblogger.com )
Quite the interesting title-on a Christian web blog site~...

~ well really this particular entry isn't for those who already know Jesus, but for those who may be searching. Someone who is hungry, but doesn't know where to find the food. I happen to know Jesus, and would be happy to share all that I know. I really felt the Holy Spirit leading me to share the basics to salvation~ eternal life with God.

I was thinking that my space here, really isn't about just my family and our homeschooling. Truly, it is about a much larger scope-our faith and who (not what) our faith is in. JESUS!
If you do not know Jesus and you just 'found' my blog- 'Well, welcome and let me introduce you to Jesus! It will be a life changing meeting, if your heart is willing & open to finding him!'
Jesus is God's one and only Son-how do I know that or anything that I am about to share? Well the bible tells us-it was given as our "while on earth instruction manual ;-)" It is infallible-all of it is true.
John 3:16
For God so loved the world (us! you and me) that He gave his only Son (Jesus) that whoever would (those who choose) to believe in Him (who he is and what he came to do for us) would not perish (die-eternal separation, due to sin) BUT (the good news!) would have eternal life.'
(parenthesis mine)

Now you may wonder, what is sin? Well, the bible tells us that sin is our wrong conduct or behavior that 'misses the mark' of God's holiness. All of us are sinners, there is none that is good enough to earn their way into heaven.
Romans 3:23
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
also...

Romans 6:23
"For the wages of sin (the penalty, the results) is death, BUT the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Jesus is our way to God-He is the WAY!

John 14:16
""Jesus answered,' I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father (God) except through me.' "

1 Corinthians 15:3-4
"Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures (bible-the Word),...he was buried...he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures."

The Father God loves us so much- Jesus loves us too...God made a way for us to be with him (now and always!) through Jesus' life, death and resurrection. (when he rose from the dead). There is no other way-Jesus is the way.

~ Would you like to ask Jesus to be your Lord and Savior? Would you like a new life? A changed forever life? Well the starting point to that is submitting (giving) your life to Christ (Jesus). Will you trust Him?

Romans 10:9
"If you confess (say-speak-tell) with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

Want to pray right now? I will pray with you....

Dear Father God,
I know I am a sinner and I need your forgivenness. I truly believe that you sent Jesus to die for my sin and that He rose from the dead. I desire to turn (repent) from my sin and now invite you to come into my heart and life. Come and be my Lord and Savior, lead me by your Holy Spirit, everyday. I want to trust you with all of my life from now on. Jesus help me to follow you.

In Jesus' name we pray, amen.

I am so happy for you! Welcome to the family- you are now adopted by God, through Jesus into the family of God! Probably one of the reasons I love adoption(s) so much- God loved me and you so much he adopted us-he calls us his sons and daughters!
Ephesians 1:5
His unchanging plan has always been to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. And this gave him great pleasure.

Glory to His Name~

Kimmie

ps-as a new believer you need to get a bible, there are online versions you can use (see my links-Blue Letter Bible is my personal favorite), but buy a hand held copy too! I read many versions...but New Internation Version (NIV) is one my pastor recommends. Start reading the Gospels...Matthew, Mark, Luke or John... As a baby believer you need fellowship with other believers-pray so God can help you find the right church~ for you (and your family!) I am praying for you-that your faith would grow and that you too will lead many others to Jesus. ;-) Be blessed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kimmie,
I so admire your passion for the lost. You are much like Jesus! :)
Love you, my friend.
~Stacy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin