Feb 20, 2007

How Deep is the Water

Hmmm, I began to see this blogging adventure as a swim, not that I am much of a swimmer, but today as I was reading through the help pages here at homeschoolblogger, well I realized that I am out way deep. Kind of like when you are feeling all confident and swim out past the floating dock, you get way out, wave to your friends and then the feeling comes that, 'Hey, you can't touch the bottom, even with your biggest toe stretched out as far as it could possible reach.'

Guess I tried to jump into this blogging thing, but have discovered that I may not have the skill that is required to do the job as I would like to. Frustrating really. I have thought that this really is a swim, that I probably don't have time for, not really in a lazy time here at the homestead. Life is very busy, lots of little faces looking to me to fill their time and to direct their every moment. In reality I know that the time never seems perfect to begin anything, there are always 'reasons' not to.

I also know that there is power in words, so I don't want to use words like frustrated, anxious, nervous...I know that God doesn't call us to anything if He won't enable us to do it. I also know that he never calls us to mediocracy, so the thought of not trying to figure things out just doesn't seem quite right either.
Then I realized that God never asked me to try to touch the bottom. He has led me to this means of sharing our lives and that He will...WILL enable me to do that as He sees best. I don't have to be an olympic swimmer just yet, though he is requiring me to do it at my best and does want me to do it with the right heart attitude.

I need to be willing and obedient if I want to eat the good of the land. My God shall supply all my needs (not necessarily wants ;-) according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
Is. 1:19
If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best from the land

I am thankful for the Word , that I can apply it to all areas of my life...thank you Jesus for giving me a story to share and this opportunity in which to do it!
Col. 3:17
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

I can't swim the entire race today either, just as far as I can go for today. I have to surrender myself, give all that I have, no putting toes down in the race (funny, I just saw me standing at the lake saying the same thing to my kids...reminding them that they can't "swim" if they are trying their feet on the bottom! LOL) ...so guess I learned a little something about myself today, wonder what tomorrow will hold!

In His loving Grip;

Kimmie

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin