Mar 25, 2007

Indeed, the Trees will clap their hands

I have a fascination with trees, I don't know really when it began, but would venture to guess that my parents were the ones that planted the seed of this great love, which I continue to carry within my heart. Funny what our parents give to us, sometimes it is our humor, our smile, our complexion, our eyes...sometimes through love it's deposited over time and it inbeds itself into our very souls.

My love for trees was definitely deposited over time, it began in early childhood with walks with my mother. I remember walking down our street, there were these huge pine trees, magnificient white pines, that I just would look up at with such eyes of amazement. I couldn't believe anything could be so tall or so mighty-I imagined that they touched the entrance of heaven. It made me feel safe and loved, as I sat in the pile of fallen pine needles-a rusty orange bed of pine scented wonder. My mother would stop to let me rest, before we either took the corner or started our walk back to our home. I must have been 3 1/2 or 4 years old- as I remember it was before I was in school and we were pushing a stroller (my sweet baby sister).

I always loved getting to those trees-it was like they were waiting for me. We passed other trees on the way, some much larger, one group of pines that didn't have the overhanging low branches in which to hide and rest under, the others were close to the elementary school's boundary fence-not nearly as cozy or inviting, somehow all to open and lacking 'my trees beauty.' I still can stir up the joy that I felt as a wee little lass sitting under the pines with my mother's watchful eye guarding me. Life was good, no troubles, no worries, no stresses.

Isaiah 55:11-12
It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.

You will live in joy and peace. The mountains and hills will burst into song, and the trees of the field will clap their hands!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin