Feb 17, 2008

Prayer Request Sunday


Hi! Happy Sunday!


Hope you are all well and that you had a great week. We are on the road to recovery (hurrah). Thanks for all your kind words, prayers and healing advice-you are so sweet.


Can I pray about anything for you this week? Please drop me an email or leave a comment in this post and I would be happy to add you to my prayer journal.



We begin our dossier this week...the package arrived on Friday via U.P.S. We had a chat with Christi from our agency, about the getting our dossier ready. (we were dossier approved for Guatemala, but need all our paperwork to be redone, so it is 'correct' for Ethiopia's requirements. ) Please pray that it all goes quick, my Knight will be chatting with our social worker Ray, on Monday hopefully. We can't get a waiting list #, until we submit a completed dossier. We will be put at the end of the list, though I was hoping to be slipped into the middle, as they did for us the second round of our Guatemalan wait (list).



We have been waiting now since the fall of 2005-interrupted for 9 months due to our surprise sibling adoption through foster care.

We got to #1 with a referral phone call (2 infant boys-May 2006) the first time (had to say no - so we could adopt the three wee ones out of foster care), the second time we got to #9 on the waitlist (Oct 2007), then the country shut down, now we are again waiting for the waitlist (I think there are 14 people waiting on the girls list right now)-so hopefully it won't be an extended wait. Sigh, it would be so easy to walk away and throw in the towel. The paperwork is maddening, and paying each time with no adoption actually occuring is well, beyond words at times. We do know that we are called by God and also equipped for him-our patience is wearing a bit thin as of late though.


I will keep you posted-please visit often, it is such an encouragement to me to hear from all of my friends.



2 Chronicles 6:40"Now, O my God, I pray, let Your eyes be open and Your ears attentive to the prayer {offered} in this place.

15 comments:

Greta Jo said...

Kimmie- You are always so willing to pray for others- how can I pray for you?

Kimmie said...

Hi Greta Jo;

Well, please pray for favor with our social worker (Ray)- to get this 3rd dossier finished. I so want to be moving down the waiting list-we have been told that Ethiopia shuts down for August and September (government) and we'd like to be there and back (if possible) by then.

I can't even imagine waiting that much longer. I definitely could use some encouragement along the waiting path. Definitely feeling weary.

thanks so much ...are you and Carson feeling better? Hope so!

Kimmie@overthemoonwithjoy

javamamma said...

Great verse!

Quinne said...

Hi Kimmie :) It's a joy to pray with you. I appreciate all that you share along the way... Love, Q

Amrita said...

Dear kimmie pray all goes well and you can get the adoption going.

Please pray for my BIL Sengrak, he has a kidney stone and is in pain. Needs surgery. They have to decide which surgeon to approach and where.

Anonymous said...

My Ethiopian sister in law found two infants abandoned in her YARD before she came to the US a couple of years ago. She assures me there are so many babies available. I pray she is right and you get through the list very quickly.

Your Daddy loves you and has already chosen your daughter, don't forget!!
Will pray,
KH

Michelle said...

Kimmie,
As a former 'waiting' mom, I was so anxious to hear ANYTHING. So anxious that others weren't doing their part. Angry at times. Why did they just 'sit' on our paperwork? Absolutely frustrating at others. I could have had two natural births in the time it took to adopt one! Why did it seem like there was heartache at every turn?

But in the end, I see God's PERFECT hand in the timing. This was the child meant for us. She had to be born. She had to be given up. She had to have a medical condition we weren't afraid to deal with. The orchestration that could only come from Him is so clear to me now..from finances, to an unexpected pregnancy, to my terminally ill mother.

It will happen Kimmie. God has told you to go to Ethiopia. He knows who will be a part of your family! You need to rest in him. "Come unto me all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time" (God's perfect time) "we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

I will keep you in my prayers as I wait with you. Know that you are not alone. My heart is with you.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

hi kimmie,
wonderful blog,so glad to know people like u do exist.God bless you.

Anonymous said...

kimmie,
i want you to pray for my daughter,ten yrs old who has a genetic problem.

Letitia said...

Wow~the 3rd time doing the paperwork. That is so exhausting, physically and emotionally. I pray it all goes quickly for you, and that your wait is not long this time.
Letitia
www.homeschoolblogger.com/SandBetweenMyToes/

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimmie!
I'm praying for you! Hang in there!
Love, Velvia

Julie said...

Praying your wait will not be to long.

Greta Jo said...

Your request is being sent to our Heavenly Father daily Kimmie!

Anonymous said...

Boy can I relate. Adoption is not for the faint of heart. AHHH. This year has been an adoption nightmare for us!

j said...

Your offer to pray for others touched me. I will pray for you this evening, and thank God for your sweet spirit. Jennifer

Blog Widget by LinkWithin