Apr 7, 2008

Where does the time go?





I love being a mum, however did you know that when I first got married I went through a rebellious phase where I didn't want any children. I had gone to college to be a teacher, I figured my time with others children would be more than sufficient. God had other plans though, now I am a mum of 6, with several more on the way (through adoption, to Ethiopia and then to wherever God sends us next!)
My Pirate Jackie, now 17, is growing up. I love who she is becoming. She is God focused, with a servant's heart. She will be a writer, as God has given her a gift and He will go before her making a way for the words He gives her to be spread, I believe it.
Saturday night I had a dream, it was a letting go type dream, a growing up to be a women dream for my sweet homemade girl. In my dream she had found her true love, the one that God created just for her. She was with him and leaned her head on his chest, she said,"I am so happy when I am with you." Joy was on her face.
She came home (in the dream) and told her father that she was in love. Next, the young man came to my husband and declared his love and his intentions to ask my girl to marry him. My Knight told him we'd have to pray about it. We prayed and God told us that there would be a sign, this is how we'd know that this boy was her beloved.
The funny thing was that God said the young man would come back shortly bringing two gifts, metal burn barrels (the kind you can burn sticks and such in.)
True to His word, the young man came back, balancing shiny burn barrels on each arm.
The strangest thing, was that I awoke with such peace. God has my girl and I know that He has her covered. Someday when she does meet him, he will have a place in our family, he has a call on his life too. We will serve God together, ministering to those who are deemed orphans in this world. His 'gifts' will be needed by us (as the burn barrels are needed to clean up our yard). He will come with the gifts and talents God has given him, ready to use them, along side of us. I don't need to tell you that this young man will be passionate first about His God and then about my girl.
How do I know? I don't know, but I do.

15 comments:

javamamma said...

Being a parent is such a joy, especially when we will trust that God has our children in His hands and will take care of them.

Susan said...

Great pictures of your daughter!!! Wonderful, blessed dream!!!
Susan

Amrita said...

Jackie is so beautiful. God bless you.

Bonnie has some gorgeous Ethiopia pictures on her blog.

Julie said...

What a beautiful girl. She looks so like you.

I pray each day for the spouses of my children, whom ever they may be. I also feel a peace that God has this covered. I so love being a mother also.

Hey, we are just waiting for our visa from CIS and then our dossier will be FINALLY finished for Ethiopia. I am so excited!

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl,
Julie

Renna said...

What a wonderful dream, and some day reality. :-)

Renna said...

PS-Your Pirate Jackie is beautiful.

Lovella ♥ said...

What wonderful times to anticipate and yes . .. those children by marriage are indeed gifts from God.

Tracy said...

I have to say, the ONE (and only) little reason I would be sad about not having a girl is that I love, love love the relationship I have with my mom. I am pretty close with the boys, but I think it is just different with girls and their mama's. Besides my husband, my mom is my best friend. What a blessing that you enjoy her.

Rachel said...

Thank you for this blessing today

happyhome said...

Your dream brought tears to my eyes. How beautiful to remember the Lord has our children's lives in His all-knowing and loving hands. I am hoping it will make the letting go a bit easier. Sigh...

On another note, when I first clicked on this post I thought it was a photo of you. Your sweet daughter looks exactly like you!

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

beautiful girl! and faithful Father to give you assurance.

i'm not far behind you in this letting go process...sigh.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

You are tagged. Please go to my blog- Random Thoughts, and read my latest post "10 Reasons Why I Blog." After reading it, please make your on post on "10 Reasons Why I Blog," then copy the tagboard after the meme and add your name next to mine. Then tag as many persons as you could, giving them these same instructions. Please copy and include the tagboard after your meme and instruct those you will tag to do the same. This will ensure a tremendous surge in the number of traffic and viewers in our respective blogs. Do this and see how traffic and viewership figures in your blog increase exponentially. Thank you very much and God bless.

Michelle said...

Can't we slow it down a little?

I love your dream from God. I hope you are still blogging when that young man comes around!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimmie!
What an incredible dream, it seems as though God is preparing your heart for the future. Your beautiful Pirate Jackie is so blessed to have you for a mom!
Love, Velvia

Letitia said...

My oldest is 21, and I pray more and more each day about her future husband. She and I had another wonderful conversation about marriage the other day. She said she was actually now thankful that the Lord had not brought anyone into her life yet (after a long time of *really* desiring), because she saw how much growing and learning she has done during the past couple of years that would have been harder with a relationship. I am right there with you~I love this time with my older girls...just beautiful. I know God has that wonderful blessing just waiting for them and yours. By the way, Ashley (www.homeschoolblogger.com/PinkFlamingo) is a homeschool gradutate writer, too. She's working on a couple of magazine articles to try to submit, and sends out a monthly devotional to an email list. If your daughter blogs, have her stop by. Also, Briana is 18, and her blog is www.homeschoolblogger.com/DancingFeet.
Congratulations on getting your dossier complete. What a wonderful feeling. I pray your wait time is not long.
Letitia
homeschoolblogger.com/SandBetweenMyToes/

Blog Widget by LinkWithin