May 11, 2008

Prayer Request Sunday-Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day!


Bless all the mother's, may God direct your path and give you wisdom as you train your children in the way they should go. Enjoy your celebration today.
For those of you who were praying for me, I'd like to let you know that it helped. I had been asked to be a speaker at our church's women luncheon and the thought of it nearly had me in tears. After prayer (yours and mine), I really felt the Holy Spirit saying that I was to do it.
Actually what He said was, "Why would you want to do this?" I said, "I don't. I would honestly rather not do it at all, I am sure there is someone else who would love to." Then He said, "Well, it is not about you or your fear, get over it. I have Kingdom purposes and you need to share what I have done in your life."
So I called my Pastor's wife and said, "Yes."
I would certainly covet your prayers for June 28th...that what I would speak would be what God wants spoken.
My prayer is that my church of 800 would have an outpouring of the Spirit of Adoption and that we would be overrun with adoptive families. Our Father has a heart for orphans and he wants us to too. If just 7% of believers would adopt 1 child...well, I read that there would no longer be orphans in the world. Would you join me in praying?
Can I pray for you? Leave me a comment in this post or drop me an email. God is able, let's stand together believing Him.
2 Chronicles 6:40 "Now, O my God, I pray, let Your eyes be open and Your ears attentive to the prayer {offered} in this place.

6 comments:

Bobbie-Jo said...

Kimmie! Yes Yes Yes! I do pray that - may God enlarge my prayers. His Spirit IS for adoption. I pray that Christians will experience Him through prayer and know His will for our generosity.

javamamma said...

I'm praying! Happy Mother's Day, friend!

Quinne said...

Hi Kimmie :) I'm so excited for you! And will be praying and looking forward to hearing more about what the Father is up to in this...

A very happy Mother's Day to you! Love, Q

lifelaughterchaos said...

I can't remember if I ever commented here yet. You visited me. I'm the one that is starting the adoptio ministry named mosaic. That is my dream too...to have an incredible amount of families step forward to adopt. So far we have about 20 families for our minstry...that's a lot, but considering our church is 2000 strong, that is only 1%

I would love your prayers as I continue to drive this forward. I am overwhelmed sometimes.

Good luck in your speaking. That is an INCREDIBLE opportunity. I hope I can share my story and heart one day!

Rachel said...

Happy Mother's Day Kimmie. My prayers are with you...

Sunny said...

Dear Kimmie
Tried to E/mail you without success
Please could you PRAY for me as have had so much pain & sickness
I cont to get my energy back slowly
immune system has gone ...so don't have computer at the moment....
But go on one ' library..
God Bless you all
and REMEMBER HIS name is also LOVE

Blog Widget by LinkWithin