Sep 19, 2008

Talk like a pirate day





Me oldest, Pirate Jacky Isa Rogue, is slightly obsessed with pirates...she couldn't possibly pass on the yearly celebratory celabration of National Talk Like A Pirate Day, without the full piratical garb. The funny part be, several parts of her ensemble are from me closet. Guess meself must be a closet pirate?
Methinks its going to be a long pirate-y day. ARGGHH!
I be pretty sure that she has nev'r done her homeschool lessons dressed like a pirate before, hmm, wonder if this makes for a different depth of learning? I can only imagine what eating lunch with our pirate shall be like? Hope the wee ones don't start a chewing with their wee mouths open and spitting at the table.
*The pirate came and edited my post...guess I need to work at my pirate speak.*

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

argh! If i had meself some piratey garb to hoist on me bones i'd wear 't too! a glorious talk like a pirate day to all of thee!

Anonymous said...

What fun pictures! I love that she came and edited your post. I`m not even going to attempt pirate talk, I think. I haven`t seen Pirates of the Caribbean in a long while!

Anonymous said...

I guess I better tell the Pirate Uncle about today, I am quite sure he is unaware of what today is....I will be sure he checks in to see pics of his Pirate Niece..it will make him oh so proud.

Love,
The not so pirate Aunt Rae : o )

Rob said...

Ha ha - well shiver me timbers Kimmie, what great pics! Bob.

FHL said...

How fun, she makes a terrific pirate too!

My son spent half a morning hanging upside down off the sofa while we read about Mesopotamia the other day...every time I threw a question his way he was right there with me. Maybe all the extra blood helped the brain cells ;o) Good thing he's homeschooled :o)

Annie Chase said...

Surprisingly, the music department at my college made sure all of us knew that it was national talk like a pirate day today. It made for a better friday than I was expecting. I thought of Pirate Jackie all day. And made sure to say my fair shaire of "Argg" and "ahoy" and other piratey things.

Julie said...

What a pretty pirate she is!!!!

Spirit of Adoption said...

too fun : ) She makes a beautiful pirate ; )

Renata said...

LOL - oh you are such fun! Hope she had a good day & got some schoolwork done as well!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin