Oct 24, 2008

Sharing something that could bless your family!


I recently came across something that my friend, Luke Holzmann wrote~ a very helpful and thought provoking post over at Heart of the Matter {Online}. It is called the 'Party Tithe,' and honestly it was something I wasn't familiar with, though I have read the Bible from cover to cover several times. Goes to show you that there is so much there in the Word that still is speaking to us today-so much to open and to be blessed with.
I hope you will find a moment to read it...if you are a Tither, it will really provoke you to another level ...my husband and I really were blessed by Luke's encouragement in his post.
Luke, thank you again for using your gifts to bless us. And thank you again for the times you popped in here to pray for our adoption...as I have said before, it truly blessed me, as I could hear your heart in your prayers for us. Sometimes small things make such a huge difference to us, I just wanted to thank you again. Can't wait to hear more on YOUR adoption and how God continues to expand you.

3 comments:

Luke Holzmann said...

Kimmie,

Wow. I'm speechless. Thank you!

As for my adoption... oh my, yes, it's expanding me.

Thanks again! It's great to have friends like you out there on the blogosphere!

~Luke

Maria and Family said...

Hi Kimmie :) thanks for stopping by my blog. I have enjoy reading thru yours. I too homeschool and I loved your Lapbooks. So many fun ideas. I get into ruts...I will check out your links and have my kiddos make some too. I am so happy you found peace in your referral. I will pray that your journey is smooth and your baby girl is home soon!!

Letitia said...

Hi Kimmie,
Guess what! You won the ebook from Nancy Baetz. I will let Nancy know. I'm assuming your email address might be on your homepage somewhere. If not, would you send it to me?
How much more do you need in order for your daughter to travel with you to Ethiopia?
The tithe is an interesting study. Put those verses that he shared along with Duet. 26, esp. verse 12. The one tenth tithe was divided between the Levites, the feast, and caring for the poor, orphans, and widows. Briana is taking a New Test. class from a Bible college which states that the way we are presented tithing today is not what the Bible says. Also, our Guatemalan friend, who is a missionary there, believes the same. It's something to study and pray over. I have more thoughts, but won't share that here! : )
Wow. 30 to 90 days. That's fantastic. I'm so excited for you all, and pray that there will be no issues!
Letitia
www.homeschoolblogger.com/SandBetweenMyToes/

Blog Widget by LinkWithin