Nov 16, 2008

Prayer Request Sunday

Luke 11:13 (The Message Bible)
verses 10-13
"Don't bargain with God. Be direct. Ask for what you need. This is not a cat-and-mouse, hide-and-seek game we're in. If your little boy asks for a serving of fish, do you scare him with a live snake on his plate? If your little girl asks for an egg, do you trick her with a spider? As bad as you are, you wouldn't think of such a thing—you're at least decent to your own children. And don't you think the Father who conceived you in love will give the Holy Spirit when you ask him?"

Hi friends!

How was your week? Anything you want to praise God about, please share it with all of us!

Can I pray for you. I feel like maybe we should be praying that we could each make more room for God (His Holy Spirit) in our lives this week? Anyone want me to add you to this request (my name will be on the top for now.)

Hope you have a wonderful day, we are busy here sorting through baby things. We have begun to set up the nursery for our *Little Beauty.* We set up the dresser (an old maple buffet) and have begun sorting through all the diaper covers that I began collecting 3 years ago, when we originally started this adoption road. My Knight and I fondly reminisced as we pulled out some of the saved baby items of our older children; all the wonderful memories rushed in and we so thanked God.

Glad you came by, don't be shy...I'd love to pray for you this week.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I`m very sick with a cold and could use some prayer for that. Thanks. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Kimmie
Please pray for my brother in law,
albert, He has been at Yale hospital since last June- waiting for new heart (transplant ) He is doing poorly. Pray for my sister Peggy going through stressful time dealing with this.

I am praying for you and your family. God bless. Linda Laaser

Spirit of Adoption said...

Oh Kimmie! I've missed you!!! : ) I haven't been on blogs much lately with our traveling, but it's good to be back and be encouraged by the Spirit through you!!!! I'm SO, SO, SO, SO excited about your adoption and hearing of your preparations!!! Praying for you, sister!!!!

Tammy said...

Kimmie I'd covet your prays this week if you think of it. I'll be traveling back and forth over an hour away all week for an intensive training to become a volunteer advocate in a Christian crisis pregnancy center. Please pray for safe travels as snow is a steady part of this week's forecast, for my family to do well with my being gone during the days, and most of all, to gain wisdom and knowledge as the Lord prepares my heart for this task! Thanks!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Anonymous said...

Would you pray for me?
I found a breast lump this morning. We are new to this state and I don't even have a doctor yet, so please pray I will have wisdom in selecting a doctor on Monday.
Please pray it is something simple, but mostly for the Lord's will.
Thanks a bunch!
KH

Bobbie-Jo said...

Put me on your "more room for God" list, please!

Have a sweet time looking at your little baby items :)

Kimmie said...

KH (xoxxoxox)!!!

Praying and will continue. Does your hospital have an emergency medical care center or a walk in center nearby? What about your Pastor...does his wife (assuming he is married) have someone she could recommend to you?

I am sending you a big hug and asking God to send someone to walk through tomorrow with you. Wish I could come over and babysit or go with you.

Praying and will continue...I am sure it is nothing, perhaps just a cystic lump that normally can occur depending on hormones and such.

Please let me know how it goes...I promise to continue to hold you up.

Kimmie@overthemoonwithjoy

The Red Thread Kids: said...

...more room for God list too. I think I've been rather selfish of late. :)

Glad you are feeling better, and happy belated birthday :)

Luke Holzmann said...

This is a pivotal week in our adoption process. I'll try to keep this short: Kyrgyzstan is moving slowly, so the coordinator is thinking about trying to move the kids to another orphanage out of the major city to speed up the process. This will cost money and may not be a good idea. Pray for wisdom and what is done is best for the kids.

Thanks so much!

~Luke

Blog Widget by LinkWithin