Jan 29, 2009

Moments in our hotel in Ethiopia

We were able to bring Princess Mercy back to our hotel room with us right after our first meeting (this depends on each baby/child and how they think they will transition). We were enthralled with everything about her and honestly couldn't wait for her to wake up, from either her nap or her night-time big sleep.

If there was a language barrier, we didn't know it. After all the language of love and the preparation of the heart that God did in each of us, was more than enough for us.

One thing that we brought with us that we didn't need...nootchies (pacifiers). She obviously had never seen one and from her reaction...I'd say that she isn't wanting any in her near future. I don't know why I'd be surprised, none of her siblings before her wanted any either. You see, we are thumb suckers, and honestly I understand, as I sucked mine until I was 12 or 13. Then I became a 'closet sucker,' so go at it sweet baby. Though, we've never had a sideways sucker like you before, guess there is a first for everything!








Hmm, what's this...food already, I just ate?


Okay, she was not a happy camper with me and that nootchie (actually we spell it nutchi, but I thought that would really confuse you.) So pardon the out of focus shot, but I just had to try to capture it.



a vision of heaven wrapped in soft fleece

Mama's first hairstyle and first outfit for the baby


Happy sweet Mihret (Meh-he-ret)

23 comments:

HandsRaisedToHeaven said...

She is so beautiful. You are blessed.

Lovella ♥ said...

oh . . dear goodness. . can she not come to Canada to see Tante Vellie? . .such a sweetie.
I have my little grandgirlie napping here now. ..she'd be a perfect little playmate. .

Trendy Mindy said...

Unbelievable pics Kimmie!! She is fabulous....just beautiful!

javamamma said...

Have to say it again...
She is SOOOO pretty!

Ron & Maria said...

Pretty! & smart! She's got you wrapped! I want to hug her! God is so good. And with the one exception of foreign object in her mouth, she seems like such a happy camper!

Quinne said...

Hi Kimmie :) Just look at that face! That precious mouth! So, so sweet! Love you, Q

Anna said...

Honestly, are you trying to poisonous us all with the sweetness?!?! How can you take it? Have a nibble for me, please!

Chloe Peifer said...

Happy and sweet, indeed! Oh, my - she is breath-taking!

Thank you so much for your precious post on my blog and for your prayers. You are so dear. :o)

Beth said...

Sorry, the above post was by me. My littlest girl had been on my laptop. ;o)

A. said...

Aw, I love those heart overalls!

Allison

Bobbie-Jo said...

Those soft pictures make my heart ripple. I love your sling and seeing you pack her around!

Pura said...

Such a beautiful and happy baby! ...
and her name is a perfect one for her it suits her very well, i like it.
How are the other siblings doing with her little sister?
Blessings

angie {the arthur clan} said...

None of my kids sucked their thumbs, but my nephew does and it is so cute! She is absolutely beautiful Kimmie!

Troy said...

wow ... God's goodness shining through in those pics ... thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

I love thumb suckers! My youngest quit on his own at nine months. I was so sad.

I wanted to tell you, that photo of you holding her in the sling (where you could be seen) and she's wearing the Ethiopia hat, looks like it belongs in a tabloid. (You could be a movie star!) It was my favorite from one of your first posts upon returning home.

BittersweetPunkin said...

Good thing she didn't like the nutchie....I didn't like when they automatically gave those to my Babies in the hospital.

She is a beauty and look at that smile!

Tammy said...

Ohhh, I love the last picture in the series! What a sweet baby :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Spirit of Adoption said...

brought smiles to my face, sister!

andrea said...

so so precious~

Renata said...

She is so cute! Love the pic after the dummy!
I'm glad she took to you so easily (I was praying along with you that she would!) She is just beautiful!

Sondra said...

Love the little outfit with the hearts on it. She has the most beautiful eyes. But I guess you already know that :)

Jenni said...

Oh my heart!!! Such a beautiful girl, I just can't get over it!

From a fellow closet-thumb-sucker, let me just give a hearty amen to your support, LOL!

Anonymous said...

Goodness she is beautiful. I love the picture of her in the fleece blanket.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin