May 26, 2009

Thoughts set to words

Adoption
As we sit on the mountain top,
soaking in the sun's warmth,
I look down through your tangle mass of dark lashes,
through to your immense dark eyes and all they hold.
For a moment I understand~
all that you have known since your birth,
in a matter of 12 months of life,
you have known:
Sorrow and Joy,
Tears and effervescent Laughter,
Loss and Gain,
Fear and Trust,
Loneliness and Bonding,
Lack and Abundance.
Your time in my arms has taught me;
God's amazing supernatural love,
His absolute faithfulness;
His favor~
which tastes like you sweet Ethiopian daughter.
Love your Mama

7 comments:

Amy said...

So beautiful, Kimmie. Beautiful.

Allison said...

So beautiful, especially her eyelashes.

That is one lucky daughter. And mom. And family.

Renata said...

This is just beautiful - just like your daughter!

Thanks for answering my questions the other week - it did help a lot!

Sarah said...

Her eyes, your words, His heart!

Till I can snuggle my Ethiopian hugs and kisses,
Sarah Dawn

Letitia said...

Kimmie, I have just written a blog entry requesting prayer for a strong spiritual battle that we are facing. Would you please come over and read it and pray? Thanks!

Linda said...

What a beautiful poem. Blessings to you and your beautiful family.

Neesie said...

So sweet...you are such a blessing! :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin