May 11, 2009

Wise Words Monday

Welcome to Wise Word Monday!

Some thoughts on peace...

Often people go through life longing or searching for peace. As a young girl, I remember my mum saying 'I just want peace.' My mum was searching, she was lost, and without hope, at that time in my life.

Many search, looking to symbols for peace. Think of a symbol this world offers as peace: a cross upside-down broken , wrapped in a circle, two fingers held up in a v formation, a dove, an olive branch, a hand shake between prominent men... None of these truly deposit the peace that we as humans long for. No, for only One can give true, lasting peace.

His Name was prophesied as: The Prince of Peace.

Who is this Prince of Peace, who was hoped for in days of old?

It is the long awaited Messiah, my Jesus.

This week I am praying for a fresh revelation of His perfect Peace to be deposited in your spirit.

"[Jesus said]

'Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.

I do not give to you as the world gives.

Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.'" John 14:27

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, though whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand." Romans 5: 1-2

Let's approach His throne of grace and ask Him for that Peace that passes understanding.

Good stuff to think on.


1 comment:

Neesie said...

Very good words to think on. Thank you for sharing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin