Sep 1, 2009

The Lesson Bike Riding 101

This sweet boy of mine...

Taught this sweet son of mine


how to:

to conquer this...







Believe me I tried. I had decided to wait one more year before giving King Bonkey another shot at no training wheels. However, King Meemer decided his brother needed to learn. King Meemer got out his toolbox, removed the wheels (as you can see the brace from the training wheels is still in place, waiting for Papa)....
and got his brother RIDING!
They both were so proud. Good job sons. But next time how about a helmet and some shoes? Luckily we have a really nice long driveway to ride on.
King Meemer, you definitely have a teaching gift and really accomplish so much with those tools of yours. Keep up the good work! I am also proud that on your brothers first day of riding, you let him beat you in your driveway race.
Your homeschooling teacher is very proud of you both!

13 comments:

Sarah said...

Sweet memories!

Beth said...

Yea!

Tammy said...

YAY! Such an exciting moment that makes a mom's heart go pitter patter and look between her fingers as she watches! There are no limits to their travels now :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Renata said...

That is so lovely that he taught his brother.
Ellie learnt to ride without training wheels just over a month ago as well.

Annie Chase said...

THanks, Kimmie, for your comment!
There's a lullaby straight out of psalms that I made for myself a few years back.
For You, O Lord, are a shield around me, my shelter and the lifter of my head. I laid down and slept and I woke again for the Lord sustained me. When you lay down tonight, you will not be afraid. When you lay down your sleep will be sweet.

Congratulations on your boys' accomplishments!

Julie said...

That is so sweet.

randi said...

How cute! Good job men!

Anonymous said...

Meemer always reminds me of Johnny Depp! All of your kids are beautiful!

Valerie said...

How sweet is that?! Your boys are precious.

Cathy said...

All right! You'll need to send your sweet son over to help my sweet girls do that. :)

Cathy

Kimmie said...

Hi Cathy;

Well, we can do that. Actually a few weeks back he went to my girlfriend (Sarah's) house and taught her daugher Natalie (6) to ride her bike whilest on a playdate with his siblings. Seems like the boy just likes to teach.

Hmmm, how can I turn this into cash for our next adoption (hee-hee).

Kimmie@overthemoonwithjoy

Ron & Maria said...

Brothers are cool!

Amrita said...

Since you have such a tender heart towards orphans I want to tell you that I done a post on my blog about a man who literally begs to feed orphans

Blog Widget by LinkWithin