May 7, 2010

What God is Saying to Me


God has been speaking to me very specifically; as to what He wants me to read in the Word each day.  What He wants me to be pondering in my heart.  He has also been speaking to me in my dreams and guiding me through the very images that He puts there in the night. Using my dreams to help me minister to the needs of my new daughter in my waking moments.  God is so cool. And how thankful I am!!

Yesterday, He sent me to Psalm 71.  The Psalms have been something I have been reading and pondering over the past year, so that He sent me here again was no big surprise. The Psalms bring us into a heart of worship.  As believers and followers of God, worship is the key (besides repentance) to entering into His Presence.  But yesterday He spoke something different.  He spoke a few verses that really have melted my heart.

Psalm 71:7
I am as a wonder unto many; but You are my strong refuge.

Now *wonder* was something I don't think about myself as...but God is telling me that He is going to use my life for His purposes.  He is going to use me as an example to those He puts in my path. 

 You might be saying, 'Yeah, isn't this  what we all are supposed to do with our lives, right?  This is a no brainer Kimmie.'  To which I'd agree.  But. God spoke it to me.  He said He is going to make my life an example to many. He said that my family, our life, my life is to be a display of His Power.  But the thing is, He is using present and future tense in what He is speaking.

 My life. 

I am struck with wonder at this. He wants to use my life as a sign and a wonder to those around us.  I am amazed.


Then He spoke Psalm 71:21.  Honestly, I had to spend at least 30 minutes before I even understood what it was He was saying in this one....

You will increase my honor and comfort me once again.

What?  My greatness (I didn't even know I had any)?  After research of the word honor and greatness, I found that He was saying that He plans (or is) to bring an increase to my influence to those around me.  He is going to display the greatness of His character and His actions in my life. What does one say to this? 

So here I stand, waiting on Him and praying that this influence brings many many (can I believe for all 147 million orphans Lord?) into families of believers.  It is my prayer. It is my heart's desire.  Oh, Lord you indeed are my Hope and my Comfort.

Sharing, not to exalt me...but to show you that God does speak and that He has stuff He wants to share with you too.  He wants to bring Glory to His Name...and guess what...He wants to use us.  I can't get my mind about it, but my heart screams, "YES!'

8 comments:

Lauren said...

this is awesome!:) I am believing for all 147 million too! And doing what I can one child at a time! :) Thank you for sharing this!!!

(thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog! I am so glad you're in my life too!)

Shonni said...

That is such a beautiful post, and it is so awesome to see the LORD minister to you as you minister to your family!!!

Eve said...

Remain open and listening for His voice, you are a blessing in peoples' lives. I am learning a lot from you, and hope to have a family as yours, and a heart filled with God's will over our lives.

Debbie Doughty said...

I like what you said, "I can't get my mind about it, but my heart screams, Yes!" I feel that way a lot too. Thanks for sharing how God speaks to you. It is an inspiration always.

Jumping ahead in my mind to what God had shown you when you read, "I am as a wonder unto many; but you are my strong refuge," was that you are a strong refuge for Simenesh even though she is a wonder to you in many ways!

Becky said...

I happened upon your blog last weekend and have so enjoyed reading about you most recent adoption. Please know that I'm praying for you!

Unknown said...

How awesome is that, Kimmie? I know there are exciting times to come for you and your family. You are a blessing to all you meet!! Praying for clear guidance for you.

Angel

Miss Janet said...

Oh yes, beautiful post.

So glad to meet you!

Janet

www.homeward4.blogspot.com

Renata said...

This is wonderful - I love the way the Lord works!
I've been praying for the orphans with the prayer thing & finding it really is touching me deeply within.

Hope you have a very happy mothers day today!!
Love Renata :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin