Jun 30, 2010

Purpose and Life


On my knees before God again...

why??

Because with all of my heart I believe that
 Poverty of Purpose is far worse than Poverty of purse.

God made me for a purpose...He has a special plan for my life..for my family.


I am blessed to live life in a country where I have two refrigerators full of food,
where I have heat and running water all year long,
indoor plumbing,
3 toilets that work quite nicely,
a overflowing pantry of food for coming weeks and months,
electricity,
clean drinking water,
medicine for when I am sick,
access to a doctor,
3 vehicles,
a job,
I am able to go to church and worship the Father I love with abandon,
I have many changes of clothes,
never mind a washer and a dryer that can run day and night to clean all the clothes we have acquired.


Did I mention that also I have a family that loves me.
That my children have two parents who not only love and adore them, but love each other.


Do you know that there are 147 million children that don't have any of this.  Maybe even more than the estimated 147 million, that wear the label orphan, who are longing for a family to call their own.

Do you know that God asks us to care for them. (James 1:27)
 For some of us He calls us to adoption??

This is why my Knight and I are on our knees again.  Why we are praying and asking God to guide our steps.  We know we have more room in our hearts and in our lives to add another to our fold. The world doesn't understand this longing in my heart to fulfill God's purposes, but they didn't understand Jesus when He came either.

God has a plan for my life, it includes adoption, it is part of my purpose in this short life I have on earth.

Adoption...have you thought about it? 

7 comments:

Tammy said...

May your passion be contagious, Kimmie!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Amie said...

You are understood :)

Bird's Words said...

we are praying too, Kimmie. Very exciting... just trying to hear exactly what God is calling us to. Oh, how I love His callings!

Amrita said...

You have been to Ethiopia and you hav e seen the living conditions there. I am sure it makes you appreciate all the blessings God has showered upon America.

More than thirds of the world is bereft of this kind of life

Isabella Kiss said...

when im done reading "the irresistible revolution" (shane claiborne) you're reading it...

Donna said...

Wow, oh wow...you took the words right out of my heart FOR REAL! I may just have to "steal" this one :)

Alyssa said...

We are in the process to adopt a sibling set in Oregon. I love what God has done in your live and through your blog. Right now I am battling frustration and discouragement and feel like we are in a spiritual battle and we are just starting the "matching" process. Will you please pray for us? I believe God is at work in spite of delays, extra costs, and frustrations with things like our workers accidentally throwing away our references! The children are waiting and my heart is breaking for them. Thank your for your words and your prayers.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin