Oct 29, 2011

Feasting On His Goodness


141.  For 2 cords of firewood delivered before the first official snow.

142.  For marshmallows that I leave on branches in the woods for my 3 raccoons.

143.  For dinner over JoJo's dad's house
(our oldest is courting JoJo)
before we all went to church together Wednesday night.
JoJo is currently serving in the Air Force, being trained in structural engineering.
(we are very proud of him!)

144.  For a surprise friendship with a woman named Betty who is a recent widow.

145.  For Betty who is happy to have me for her friend and is quick to say so. Oh how much we love spending time together (did I mention she took 3 of my younger children for Saturday, while I was away ...)

146.  For a weekend away with my Knight (last weekend). 
it was our first weekend away in 4 years.
(without ANY children).

147.  For my children who took over the command with ease.

148.  For finding a new Italian restaurant we loved while we were away.

149.  For our friends Lou and Brenda that blessed us with their beach house for our getaway.  Lou has gone to a Bible study with my husband for years and years.

150.  For 
a man who will fill his pockets with sea glass & shells for me,
and waits patiently
while
  I snap what seemed like a thousand photos of the ocean.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

You are blessed, sister, and I'm thankful you relish that! The get-away sounds wonderful, it's so hard to do with lotsa blessings in the house, but so important.

Yea, my hubby can relate to the treasures in the pockets and the woman with her camera!

Anonymous said...

Cords of wood...where I live now, that is survivial, and worth gold ;) AMEN to the delivery!

Covnitkepr1 said...

What a great list of things to be greatful for...and they're all from Him.
I’ve been following and enjoying your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation.

Renata said...

Love your list Kimmie! And how wonderful that you have found this precious friend & how blessed she is to have found you!
I hope you had a wonderful getaway!!
Blessings
Renata:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin