Jan 16, 2012

A Little Patience Please God


I pray for patience because if I prayed for strength,
I just might kill somebody.

I heard this last week and cracked up.

Parenting is the hardest job I ever had.  It is one that doesn't give you any holidays and rarely do I find time for a break. I hustle from the moment my feet hit the floor (which is why sometimes I am slow to put my feet down on the floor ;-)  Many mornings I lie in bed and pray.  I ask God to help me through the day, to help me to train my children wisely for Him.  I pray for insight into their hearts, never mind the solutions to the math problems of the day.

Sometimes if I am really struggling to get out of bed, I pray that Starbucks will hurry up and get the pipeline to my bedroom. (Hey...they have a pipeline for oil in Alaska!)

This bridge photo reminds me that though I've hit a tough spot in parenting this last year, that God has a bridge coming.  This said bridge, will take me from some troubled parenting times,  and will bring me safely to the other side; to a place of peace and blessing.  

My bridge has a name.  Do you know it?  

My bridges name is Jesus.  

My trust is in Him.  
He promises to give me wise counsel, He is praying for me as He sits beside our Father. 
He enables me to walk out this calling of mothering 8 children. 
He knows my broken parts; as well as theirs.  

This bridge is solid and is trustworthy. 
He has set my path (even when I am going through hard times)
and promises to never leave me or forsake me.  
Can someone say Hallelujah!

Don't get so busy that you forget to call out to Him for help.  
Don't forget that as you are speaking to Him (that is what prayer is), 
that He is strengthening you for the day's path.  

Luke 1:78-79
(from the HNV Bible)

Because of the tender mercy of our God, Whereby the dawn from on high will visit us,
To shine on those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death;
To guide our feet into the way of shalom." 

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hallelujah! Thanks for the reminder. :-)

Mindy said...

I've been involved in a serious trial recently and haven't had a lot of computer time. I was able to read your blog tonight and was so encouraged. I think you wrote it just for me. Am picturing that bridge in my life, believing by faith that I am going to be guided into the way of SHALOM.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin