Feb 11, 2012

Learning How to Respond (Friendship)


How do you react or respond to hurt within a friendship?

I am beginning to wonder if there is a pattern here?  


Here is what happens...

I sense rejection, I cringe internally -I want to retreat and isolate. (I haven't yet, but...)
I avoid confrontation, pretty much at all costs.

I pray and ask God to give me understanding.  I always try to be nice, to be generous, to be kind, but somehow this keeps repeating itself. God wants us to NOT hide, but to love as He loves. 

What's the deal?

Hearts are cute when you cut them out of paper, but a complicated thing to handle when its the real squishy emotional thing.

How about you?

5 comments:

jan said...

no joke. i could have written that just last week. and that is exactly how i handled it. not exactly proud of that. is it sick to know i'm not alone? xoxo

Discarded London said...

its not unusual at all..i have actually given myself a kind of social phobia over this very same type of situation. you are not alone.
Nikki - UK

Kimmie said...

Dear Nikki

Thank you for taking the time to encourage me in this area. YOU are very sweet and I am thankful for your kind words.

Kimmie@overthemoonwithjoy

Kimmie said...

Dear Nikki

Thank you for taking the time to encourage me in this area. YOU are very sweet and I am thankful for your kind words.

Kimmie@overthemoonwithjoy

acceptance with joy said...

It is a struggle for me. Yes, even given myself a "social phobia" over this same thing as your other commenter said... I have retreated to what is safe. It doesn't take away the pain, though. Unfortunately. God has filled my life with with a hundred other blessings, but this doesn't just go away.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin