Dec 4, 2012

Praying For America (Moving Mountains!)



I am a day behind, but God is still at work. My family has been involved in some serious prayer in regards to adoption...somehow Monday slipped by us.

 My sweet friend Rhonda shared this prayer with us for Moving Mountains Monday (Praying for America!), 
won't you join hearts with us in this quest?

 *****
“1 I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior…” -1 Timothy 2:1-3
Father, help us to understand how to pray for our President, Vice President, and all of our leaders that trickle down from there.  Give us more understanding of what is needed and what to ask for ......I surely need much, much more understanding and direction in this.  Give us humility  and love toward our leaders and help those of us who would have chosen another Presidential candidate to now invest ourselves in prayer all the more.    Help us to heal from our disappointment and to look to You to guide our nation, our leaders,  and our lives. 
So today and this week, I ask you to guide our leaders.  I ask for you to lead them to justice, to wisdom, to  understanding as to how to govern and make decisions that  benefit this nation.  I ask that you would break the power  and strongholds that our enemy has  built within our government.    I ask that our leaders would be filled with a spirit of cooperation, wisdom and  justice as they work this week.   I  pray that they would  listen to Godly wisdom and heed it in all that they do. 
I ask You to raise up more who would pray!  
 *****
Thanks Rhonda for leading us this week!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry it has been a while since I visited your blog. I had 10 strokes, including one in my brainstem that should have killed me. I only have a little use of my right side and have to type one handed. Please pray that I can write soon. I have to start my little guy in school next year and right now you can barely read my handwriting.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin