Feb 2, 2015

Do You Have A Bible?


Do you have a Bible?  What is it doing right now?  When was the last time you read it?  

I love the Word of God (the Bible) and challenge you to read it!  If you've never taken it off the shelf, well it is due time to dust it off and crack it open.  

If you are new to Bible reading, I suggest you begin in the Gospels.  Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are called the Gospels.  Gospel means Good News.  (Aren't you sick of bad news.  There is always plenty of bad news, honestly it abounds in and around us now).  The Good News is about Jesus.  These books in particular are about Jesus' life, the miracles He did, His death (on a cross for payment for our sins) and His resurrection!!  If you've read them before, read them again...the Word of God is active and alive and continues to speak to us.

This past month God has allowed me to lead 9 people into relationship with Him.  Most of those 9 told me they owned a Bible.  Some told me they carried it with them each day.  All told me that didn't know how to read it.  All of them didn't know that there was only one way into a relationship with God and that was through Jesus.  But they all repented of their sins, asked Jesus to their Savior and Lord and now are setting about to reading their Bible everyday. God is so good! I love this new door God has opened to me in serving the homeless, the poor and drug addicts each Saturday. We are seeing lives dramatically changed and transformed by the gospel!

The Bible isn't just a book.  It is a love letter given to us by God.  He used various men to write it, but it was inspired by Him!  As a Christian, it is our instruction manual in how to live as a follower of Christ.
  If we aren't in it, then how can we follow Him?

Hope this has stirred something in you.  The Word of God is a powerful thing.  Get it in you and not only is it life changing, but power filling for your daily walk with Him.

I would love to hear what in the Bible you are reading now.  Also if you need some help, just drop me a comment or a private email (see the sidebar) and I would LOVE to help you.


1 comment:

Bird's Words said...

I've been in Nehemiah, but starting 1 and 2 Thessalonians this week! Excited to learn more! Love my time in the Word.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin