Nov 5, 2015

Growing in Your Spiritual Gifting


Growing in Your Spiritual Gifting



If you are a follower of Christ, you probably already know that God has given you gifts that are to be used for encouraging others, for building up his Church and for growing you in your faith.

 1 Corinthians 12:7
 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.


  There are many ways to discover your gifting (s) but I think the most common is probably just putting your hand to a variety of things to find out what you are good at and what perhaps stirs your passion.  It is bit of a hunt and peck method, but as you cross off those that don't fit, you move closer to what does!  Of course asking those who know you well also might gain you a help into better grasping where your gifts may lie.

I have been seeking God on the prophetic.  God desires that we all desire the gift of Prophecy.

1 Corinthians 14:1
Pursue love and desire spiritual gifts, and above all that you may prophesy.
 
 

Prophecy is the ability to speak forth the mind and counsel of God.  Since I was a very young girl I have been what the Bible terms as a Seer.  A Seer has a God given ability to see supernaturally.  My earliest remembrance of the gift was at about the age of three, I began to see angels and things that others around me couldn't see.  The gift continued through the years, but because of fear I buried it.  Recently however, I have been asking God to help me to grow in this area with His help.  Thankfully no matter how old we are, there is hope, because the Word of God tells us that the gifts of God are permanent (irrevocable), I like how The Message Bible says it:

God’s gifts and God’s call are under full warranty—never canceled, never rescinded.

Spiritual Gifts are not the Fruit of the Spirit.  Spiritual Gifts are given by God to show His Presence and Power and to meet current needs in the Body of Christ (His Church). God assigns each of His children their giftings.  He does it to reveal to us His Love and to demonstrate His Glory. Gifts are a grace, they are given and we are to receive them and move in them.  The gifts we receive help us to fulfill the role we have in the Church.  If we aren't moving in our gift(s) then the Church is being shorted.  

  I was asking God for help to overcome the fear and begin to move in understanding how to apply the visions and dreams He gives me. In the past I have used it as I have felt led by Him, but honestly because of fear (sometimes in the form of intimidation),  I don't think I truly used it as I should have. Recently I prayed and I saw a vision of Jesus.  He was bent down like when a child begins to learn to walk and the parent steps a few feet back to encourage the child to begin to try out their newly discovered skill.  Jesus was the parent bent down and I was the child who was being beckoned to come.  His face had a big smile and He was showing me that it was safe to begin to step out in this gift He has given me.  I felt loved and had a great peace about what He was saying to me.

I share the vision so that you will be encouraged to know that God does hear our prayers, that the spiritual world around us is very real and to let you know that you too can stir up your gifts and set about to grow in them too!

God is patient and kind and He is waiting for us. 

 Do you know what your gifts are?

  Have you been using them, would you like to use them more?  I'd love to hear from you!

1 comment:

Rhonda Gunn said...

:) I have been blessed, encouraged, and have had things confirmed in my life many times by the words of prophecy and have so appreciated those who move in that gifting. It is such a vital and wonderful thing and I'm so glad that He has given it to you. What a beautiful thing! May you confidently step out into all HE has for you to share! Love ya!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin