Apr 16, 2010

An Adoption Transformation-God Healing Broken Hearts

In September we found our daughter.She was not lost, but being held by the very hands of God for us.  Of course I'll have you know, it was God that led us to her. He had plans not only for her adoption, but for her healing.


These are some of her first pictures we were blessed with.  It became obvious to us that she was very uncomfortable with having her picture taken;
each smile was filled with pain.










But then in December she met us (via a photo album that we sent
 to her through our agency, Celebrate Children, International).



The beginnings of a real smile. 
 Even our agency director Sue made mention of her new smile.


God was not only working love, deep love into our hearts,
but into her heart too.


Then recently, they moved her to the agency's Transition house in Addis Ababa. 
 She lived in Woliso, two and half hours away for all of her life. 
Look what God is doing in her life.

Dinner out with Sue Hedberg...a new lightness about her spirit.




A trip to the zoo.




Waiting for us to come!
Isn't God good! 

Adoption is about love, and healing, about acceptance and joy, about worth and value.  Adoption is another way that God works healing into the hearts of His children.

Adoption is about faith,
it is about love, 
it is about trust;
not in ourselves but in God. 
 As we put our lives into His hands, in submission and surrender,
He comes and fills our hearts with courage and joy unspeakable.

Thank you for joining us in this journey.  We covet your prayers. 
Thank you for your friendship, we are truly blessed!

24 comments:

  1. It is such a visible change in precious Simenesh - isn't God just wonderful.
    We will be praying each day for you all.
    Love to you
    Renata :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soon she will be smiling joyfully encircled by your love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see homecoming pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is such a gift to witness hope being restored!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen and Amen!!!!

    I love seeing the transformation in those pictures from despair to hope! Can't wait to see you all together!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I truly am in awe. she is so precious. What a privilege it is to pray for her and you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precious to see how she has relaxed and blossomed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praise God, what an amazing transformation! I'm praying for your precious Simenesh, and can't wait until we get to see the homecoming pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow... I am amazed at the transformation! She is simply gorgeous!! :) I can't wait to see her with your loving arms wrapped around her!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to tell you how moved I am by these pictures, goodness how wonderful to see.
    Love love & care to you all.
    Happy Days
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so fun to watch God transform her heart, Kimmie!

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are tears welling up in my eyes as I look at these photos, Kimmie.

    Yes. SUCH a transformation! Praise God! I can't wait to "meet" Simenesh through your blog. :)

    Love to you, friend...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying!! What a work of healing already!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pictures say it all God is already blessing her with joy. And even greater joy to come when she is in your home being washed by your love and the Father's love.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh you are so right! I bet you'll get bigger smiles very soon!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kimmie, she is so beautiful. Her photographs just draw you right in....I can't wait to see the pics of her with your family in her new home!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a transformation, WOW!!! She is so beautiful. God is so good. Can't wait to see her home! Praying. xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kimmie-
    Thank you for willingly sharing this with us. though I rarely comment I check on your progress every day and will continue praying for your whole family! You have so many people that don't really "know" you but still love you deeply:-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Praying for you Kimmie. Was very moved to see this transforming Love!! It truly works miracles.Looking forward to sharing this journey with you through your blog. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  20. She is gorgeous! I can't wait to see the huge smile and bright eyes when she is HOME with her FAMILY!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay! SO excited! Just a few more days! ;) I'm definitely going to check out that sign language link! Will let you know if I need help!

    FYI, I haven't forgotten my promise to donate more. THe date online for our refund keeps getting pushed back (SO frustrating!). I think we're a little complicated to get through the system because we bought a house and had a baby in the same year...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kimmie!
    I love the healing work that God's love (through your family)is doing in Simenesh's heart and countenance! What a beautiful smile!

    Thank you for your prayers and comments. You and your family are in our prayers as you journey to meet your new daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Simenesh looks like a lovely young lady, I look forward to seeing happy photos of the whole family together.

    You are doing exactly what I hope to do one day, if God so wills it, it's my and my husbands hearts desire to adopt.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those pictures made me cry. What a wonderful transformation that has occured. Our God is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Sharing is what friends do!