Apr 12, 2010

Snack Anyone?











Yup, that is one way we enjoy our 50 pound bag of popcorn...do you have any more ways to help us use up our huge bag?




15 comments:

  1. Wow!

    We use microwave now. I don't even have a popper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a HUGE bag!! You could drizzle chocolate on it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We pop our popcorn on the stove and we love our popper for that purpose. We were able to buy the popper at the thrift store. So we don't use microwave corn anymore! :) We just drizzle butter and put some salt on it after its popped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how bout you pop some up string it and hang in the trees for thebirds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We LOVE popcorn here also! I just love regular old buttered popcorn. I could scarf bowls of it down. :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. That is a lot of popcorn!

    Do you have a grinder? You can grind it and make corn bread.

    We love our popcorn tossed with hot sauce.

    or

    popcorn tossed with m&m's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love to make kettle corn, and also like just basic buttered popcorn with salt, pepper and occasionally even garlic sprinkled on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kimmie, I can't think of anything myself but Tommy got so excited he jumped up and cracked his skull on my keyboard draw so i reckon he probably has a few idea's what to do with all that popcorn. Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was going to say what MoonDog said....share it with the birds :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My friend made a bunch of different flavored popcorns for all her buddies at Christmas. Here is a link that tells how! http://www.ehow.com/how_5101798_make-homemade-flavored-popcorn-recipes.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Kimmie - that is the biggest bag of popcorn I've ever seen.
    We also love popcorn as a snack & the boys love to watch it as it pops through the glass tops of my saucepan.
    Hope you are keeping well.
    Love to you
    Renata :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't be fussed about using it up quickly- archaelogists have found unpopped popcorn in Incan tombs. At 3,000 years old, it still pops, and is just a little stale. Pioneers used to eat it with milk, like cereal, you could try it that way too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy! I love popcorn. I eat if for dinner almost every Sunday night!! Popped in olive oil and salt.....that's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We love popcorn at our house, also. The bag doesn't look huge to me! We are used to large quantities of things at our house. We enjoy popcorn with nutritional yeast(or brewer's yeast) on it. High in b vitamins and has a cheesey like flavor. We like to make a sauce out of honey and peanutbutter(boil the honey for a little while and then stir in the peanut butter). Also, after you make carmel popcorn spread it on a cookie sheet and bake it in the oven. This makes it crunchy like cracker jacks.
    Enjoy your popcorn!
    Amy F.

    ReplyDelete

Sharing is what friends do!