Apr 17, 2010

What I Will Be Reading on the Plane




 The author, Julie Ferwerda, asked me if I'd take the time to read it and help her get the word out about it.  I am excited, actually really excited, as I read a bit about Julie and this book; I realized that we share the same passion for orphans, for GOD and for Kingdom business! 

I read Julie's testimony and actually found some healing for my heart among her shared words.  We are a lot alike.  As her testimony hit my mind and heart, God's Spirit spoke to me about something I have been struggling with. 

 Julie made me realize that is okay to be me. I am a truth-teller too.  I must speak the Truth in love, even if it means loss for me personally. I will never live watered down.  I will never see things as *gray* it just isn't who I am.  I will always listen for His voice and follow Him, even if I lose friends because of it.  It's okay, because it is how He made me.  If you are my friend, know that I am going to tell you like it is, because I love and care about you.


I can't wait to tell you more about what I find within One Million Arrows-until then, go check out Julie's website and find out more of her God vision.

And my book models...they use to be orphans.

10 comments:

  1. So looking forward to hearing about the book,and more importantly, how bringing your sweet daughter home goes. :) Soooo excited for you!! ;) I will be praying daily. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've been on my heart so much - I am going with you with my thoughts and prayers - so excited for you - and for Simenesh, too!
    many blessings,
    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading that too!! I just got mine in the mail on Thursday and I've read the 1st chapter ... love it so far!!! Perfect book to read on your plane trip! : )

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray!!! I just finished reading that one - great book. And so appropriate to read as you travel to collect Simenesh and bring her home!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, please do share about the book.

    I am so excited!!! I keep thinking of you and Simenesh. Such a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you were encouraged :-)
    Also I'm looking forward to hearing more about this book. I'm sure you will be blessed by it. Sounds like a good read on a wonderful journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read that book and did a blog review for Julie in March while we were in China...how funny is that!

    It's a great book!

    Can't wait to read about your trip to bring home your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you enjoy the book - I've seen it elsewhere & it sounds great. Have a safe & happy time meeting your precious new daughter. Will be praying...
    Love to you
    Renata :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the sweet post. And you will be in my prayers on this journey--how exciting!

    Yes, Cari--that is quite a coincidence! I appreciate all of you who are helping with this vision!

    Julie Ferwerda

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one is on my stack of books waiting to be read, too! I can't wait! :)

    Love you and we're praying, Kimmie!

    ReplyDelete

Sharing is what friends do!