May 9, 2007

Gone fishin'!










I must admit, I love fishing! Something else I love, being able to share that love of fishing with someone else. Well, last night we did just that, we packed up the troops and headed out for a evening of fishing. Some of our children had never been before, my dear husband ran out on his lunch to buy some more poles. He came home early so we could really enjoy an evening of it-we were minus our oldest, as she had dance class.

I was amazed at the patience of all of the children-I don't care if I ever catch anything, I just love being outside, the casting part of fishing, the changing bait or lures (hoping to find one that brings in the 'big one!')

*The night prior to our big fishing excursion we ate salmon-our wee ones had never had it before, which gave us the idea to venture out on a fishing trip with them- as our youngest said he was going to catch a WHALE! We asked him how he would get it in,' Katrinka our Tank.' He said he would find a way to ,'stuff it in,' no worries.

Our Hungarian beauty was the only one who caught a fish-it was an 8 inch perch! A beauty for sure- we released it, but captured the excitement and joy forever on our old digital camera!



Our verse this week is my life verse-

Matthew 4:19
“Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.”




John 3:3

In reply Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.”




Makes me want to go fishin' how about you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimmie - I am R's co-worker. I love your blog and look forward to reading about your awesome family and your faith. You inspire me!

Denise

Blog Widget by LinkWithin