May 8, 2008

A day at my Mum's farm


Collecting pieces of found tiles-my little archaeologist
Time out for a ride through their miles of woodland
One of the many toys
Flopsy goes out to visit the horse with us
Our beautiful Asa
Asa is a Norwegian Fjord


Sweet kisses

Grampie getting help repairing the fences
Grampie has such fun toys!
Princess Sunshine loves LOVES her cows...she even got to name them.
Nellie and April
Baby Toby and mama April

******************************************

It's always lovely when we can find a free day to run out to my mum and stepdad's farm (my father died, and later my mum remarried David, who we love).


They love their simple life and so do we. Their life is full of hard work, caring for the cows and horse, gardening (my mother's passion), and always some HUGE job that David is tackling...like turning a forest into a pasture.

My mum is such a homesteader, I only got a wee bit of her skill, though praise God, I am still learning. My mum has taught me so much and I am so thankful. I certainly wouldn't be the mother I am, without all that she poured out daily for me. So thanks mum, I love you!

14 comments:

Renna said...

What a fun place for kids to visit..what a fun place for grown-ups to visit!

Spirit of Adoption said...

So precious! Your family looks so joy and peace filled!

Letitia said...

How wonderful. What fun to have that so close. Loved all of the pictures.
I came over last night, but I clicked on a link you had, got lost in adoptions stories, and didn't have time to come back to comment!
Letitia
www.homeschoolblogger.com/SandBetweenMyToes/

Mom of these kids said...

How Cool! I wish I had me a farm, and lots of animals and a garden...not that I would have the slightest idea where to begin, but it does just seem like the simple (but hard working) life that I am so ready for.

Greta Jo said...

What fun. What does your mum and stepfather do with the horse?

Kimmie said...

Hi Greta Jo;

They have a cart and use him to pull it. I ride, as does David...sometimes my kids do too. Asa is 4 years old and at times he is still full of himself. (i.e.-he has thrown me).
He has been trained, we hired someone from the local University to train him. As when the first bought Asa they had no horse knowledge. They also had a miniture horse, but he has since moved to a neighbors farm.
They have boarded other horses, though now it is just Asa and the cows.

Amrita said...

Lovely photos.
I have an ward for you on my blog, please receive it

Amrita said...

Lovely photos.
I have an ward for you on my blog, please receive it

Julie said...

That looks like so much fun. Can I come the next time you visit????

Have a wonderful Mother' Day tomorrow.

God Bless,
Julie

Sondra said...

What great pictures. I grew up on a farm but don't think my boys have really ever spent time on one. How sad :( So peaceful it must be there.

the mother of this lot said...

Itlooks like a beautiful day. And Happy Mother's Day!

Stacy said...

dear Kimmie,
Happy Mother's Day to you, my friend! I can't wait to see how God expands your family in the coming year! You're such a great mother, Kimmie!

Blessings to you today,
~Stacy

Pura said...

Great pictures! ... and wonderful time for you all too!.

Bob said...

Kimmie, you're living proof that the best things in life don't come from a store, are free and you don't need to do anyone down to get them. Bob.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin