May 4, 2008

Prayer Request Sunday

Hope this finds you well and that you had a great week. Mine was a bit stretching, you see I got asked to be a speaker at a women's luncheon. Now, this may seem very fine to some of you, but as I am not a 'upfront' with a microphone type. Well~let's say that this is a bit out of my comfort zone. (to say the least.)
However, my Knight and children are rooting me on, saying stuff like,"You can do it!" "It just like reading a story, but it is just your life that you'll be talking about." "You were asked for a reason." "If you're afraid, then you definitely have to do it."

YIKES!

All very valid points, but still my stomach is flipping. I have a week to pray about it and already I think God has been giving me a gentle nudge. It's not like I don't want to share my testimony, just the thought of all the eyes upon me, kind of flips me out. Will you pray for me?

How about you? Can you use some prayer (who couldn't, would be my response!)? I'd love to stand with you believing God. Drop me a comment or send me an email, either way, I am looking forward to hearing from you. Be stretched and don't get to comfortable where you are standing, because God will notice and ask you to leave the comfort of your box! But don't worry, it will be good for you. How do I know, well let me just say, it is what I have personally been hearing!
And please take time to read this bible verse...as it truly is a timely word.

I always pray, I don't faint, quit or give up. Luke 18:1

8 comments:

Renna said...

I'm sure that since the Lord is (obviously) leading you to do this, as you open your mouth to share, He'll give you the words to speak. I'll be happy to pray for you.

Martha said...

I will be praying for you and your speaking opportunity. I remember the first time I spoke at a ladies function - I was SOOOO nervous. Now, I don't even think about it.
I am sure you will do great. As for me - I know you know my request. :)

Blessings,
~Martie

Anonymous said...

You may be uncomfortable, but you are the woman God led to a home with batteries in hand and look what happened. God knows who to send.

Big hug,
Hallie

Amrita said...

Pray for me , I 'm feeling low after someone said something really mean to me

Jodi said...

Oh Kimmie, the things you write on your blog are so inspiring and Spirit led that I can only imagine you will do a wonderful job speaking. I've already prayed that the Lord would give you confidence in who HE is, and how He has gloriously manifested Himself in your life. :)

Good luck!

Greta Jo said...

Praying for you my friend, Kimmie!

Quinne said...

Hi Kimmie :) Yes! I'll pray. What is the date? I'm excited for you - it's a special joy to talk about the Father in front of a group. What a privilege and a blessing!
Love you! Q

Beth said...

I'm praying for you, Kimmie...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin