Jun 7, 2008

God speaks

Thursday night my wee-est one woke up in the night, one panic filled cry was all that was spoken. He chose the one word to let ring through the darkness that surrounded him, that word was, "Mama!"


I knew the voice immediately, I didn't need to be told where he was, though we had moved him into the spare room this night. I awoke from my restful sleep and quickly went to him. As I opened the door, the darkness was so thick I couldn't see him. As he heard me come, he said in a quavering voice, "I can't find my bed." (he had rolled off the mattress on the floor and was lost.) I reached for the light switch and quickly flicked it on. He moved quickly back into a comfortable sleeping position, peace had come to him. I reminded him to lay still, kissed him and left the room-light off.


As I took the few steps back to my bed in the wee hours of the night, God spoke to me. He said,
"How often my children find themselves in this position. They take their eyes off of me and lose their way. If they cry out to me, I will come to them. I know where they are, my eye follows my children wherever they go, even if it is a path I have not chosen for them. As they call out, I come, I bring them comfort and my touch soothes their broken spirits. When they get to the end of themselves, then I can minister to them. However, often they don't cry out, they instead remain on their path of darkness. How my heart longs for them to call out my Name. My desire is to kiss their brow and to speak words of life and peace to them. My voice directs their path, as does my Word. Will you tell them to come back to me, tell them I am waiting."


As I write this my heart is heavy, as I think I heard the Father weeping. He was weeping over you. Please, if you've walked away from Him-call out to Him, confess your sin and tell Him you want Him. He will come to you quickly, for He told me He is waiting for you.


2 Samuel 22:7 (The Message)

A hostile world! I called to God, to my God I cried out. From his palace he heard me call; my cry brought me right into his presence—a private audience!

4 comments:

Renna said...

Wow...that's all I can say..wow.

Bobbie-Jo said...

You speak such encouraging words from God. What a ministry! You have no idea how much you spur me on!

Renata said...

Thankyou for using your blog as a ministry for God! I find such encouragement in many of your posts.
God bless you, Kimmie
Renata :)

Sondra said...

What a wonderful and much needed post.
You are a such a faithful woman.
Wow!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin