Jul 7, 2010

Join Me in Prayer Today (PLEASE!)


A need for prayer...

I have a friend who has a huge need...her husband was crushed under her car, July 4th. He was trying to work on her muffler and then the car fell on him.
We need to pray, as Chris and Lodamia don't know Jesus.

They have two small children who are really having a hard time. Lodamia is struggling because she didn't hear Chris's yells for help (but luckily before he lost consciousness, a neighbor did).  He was flown to the hospital in Lifestar (his second time that he has been flown to the hospital in bad shape!)

God has put it on my heart to go pray with Chris (and Lo)...but honestly without God making a way I won't be able to, as Chris isn't allowed to have visitors due to the seizures.  Even Lodamia isn't allowed to go into his room very often due to the great number of seizures he is having.

God has showed me a vision of praying for Chris and walking him through accepting Jesus as Savior.  He has told me that though Chris is unresponsive, that he is still able to hear and understand.  I am willing, if He makes a way.

The plan is to go sometime tonight with my sister in law and my friend Brent's (see yesterday's post)...wife. 

Would you boldly believe with me for a way into Chris's room tonight.  Would you believe with me for their hearts to be prepared (for Lo, for Chris, for Chris's mom, who recently lost her husband to cancer).

In my own strength my prayers are just words...but in God's power they are words of Life. 

I will confess that though I LOVE to share the gospel and am not afraid to pray with anyone at any time, that this situation has me feeling a bit undone around the edges of my heart.  I seriously could use some prayer warriors to join me in this mission.

Thank you in advance...

Let the Kingdom of God come today for Chris and his family as it is in heaven.  Seeking God for His will to be done on earth, as it is in heaven today for this family.

12 comments:

Linda said...

Praying with you. Knowing that God's will is that they know Him and that Chris be well and healed. John 10:10....He came to give us life and the enemy is trying to snuff out Chris' life. I will indeed pray with you! Be blessed and thank you for sharing this...

George said...

Oh how horrible...I will pray for him and for his family.

Rebecca Ann said...

Praying for them! God is good and He will do what His will is in this situation! May He be glorified!

Valerie said...

praying!

Mindy said...

oh, Kimmie, praying for your ability to help snatch this precious soul from the flames.

Jude 23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

praying...

Amie said...

Prayers coming your way!

When I am nervous or anxious about something, a good friend of mine always sends me this text "Philipians 4:13". You probably know it by heart, but it always makes me feel stronger.

Bird's Words said...

God, you can open doors before we ever even see them. Let it be so tonight in that hospital tonight. I pray for a Godly nurse/staff taking care of Chris who will sense the urgency of this precious call for Chris' life and that of his wife, children and mom.
You are the Great Physician. Minister to the physical needs of his body, but mostly minister to the spiritual needs of his heart, Lord. break down barriers within him this very moment.
Thank you for using us as instruments of your peace. Use Kimmie in mighty God-sized ways tonight.
I thank you in advance for what you will do tonight.
Amen.

Praying with you without ceasing friend!

Diane said...

Praying here, Kimmie.

Anonymous said...

Praying...

Teresa

Anonymous said...

Prayed for this family, and for you as well

Stephanie

Renata said...

I know I'm reading this late, but I'm sure they still need prayers - will pray for Chris right now.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for saying this and maybe seeming rude... but you seem more concerned with the fact they are not born again Christians than the fact that he is recovering from life-threatening injuries.

Pray for his healing and worry about converting them later, when the man is conscious and well and when his wife is not fearing moment to moment that she may not have a husband or a father for her kids.

I pray for his healing and know that, 'saved' or not, God will protect all of them and heal him of his wounds. :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin