Jul 12, 2010

A New Day


Sweet Baby Mercy is sick. It was a looooooonnnng night with croup like coughing.  This morning she seems to be doing better.  The cough is loosened and she is currently eating a handful of pretzels while sipping some chamomile tea with honey.

As I held her last night and walked around outside in the pitch black of night with her, I was thinking how blessed I am that God has allowed me to be her Mama.  Outside, with only the crickets chirping away and her Mama and Papa rocking her on the old metal yellow couch-swing on the porch, we both though SO tired were so very thankful God let her be ours through the wonder of adoption (Ethiopia-through Celebrate Children International).


Thought you'd like to see some of her face this morning. 
(And don't you wish you looked this cute when you had a fever and were sick?)






Her sweet brother King Bonkie (7) is in bed with a fever, while all the others have gone out to enjoy a week of Vacation Bible School at our church.  Not the summer I was hoping for, but seems we got smacked at the last V.B.S. with some powerful germs.  Hoping that a quiet day of extra napping gets us on the mend quick. 

 Of course we'd love prayer.

And we are working on this too...


Which of course means we are busy doing all sorts of business.

And just so you know...I love toddlers in cotton training pants.  Too cute.  Even though I am really tired from very little sleep, just one look at her sweet chocolate body in those training pants and my heart is jumping with love!

5 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Hope everyone is well soon!

Shonni said...

I hope everyone feels better soon!!!
And, even sick, she is so cute!!

Eve said...

Awh, she's adorable, and getting so big. I hope that bug goes away soon.

Rebecca Ann said...

I second Eve she is adorable and I pray that you all are on the mend soon! I love seeing pictures of your life and I love that you loves children and that the Lord put them in your life! what a blessing!

In Christ,
Rebecca

Sarah said...

Sick or not...I don't think that I've ever looked that cute!! Praying that she feels better soon.

Blessings,
Sarah

Blog Widget by LinkWithin