Sep 11, 2011

Prayer Request Sunday-devotion


Something in my Pastor's notes jogged my heart this morning, he asked us to think of three things that we were devoted to. 

I began to think of my long term devotions and then I also made a mental list of my current things that my heart is devoted to.

in case you are wondering about what devotion actually means:


My Long term (life long) list:  

1. God (this covers my faith, my time in His Word, time in prayer, time with Him)

2.  my family

3. others (church, friends...)

Short term 
(meaning this list changes depending on the season of my life)

1. Reading through the Bible chronologically 

2. Caring for my raccoons (who now live in the wild)
until winter comes and they go into a semi-hibernation.
A mama raccoon normally cares for her babes for 1 year.  I stood in the gap (from my master bathroom, which was converted into a raccoon den) until they were 4 months old, and now I mother them from a far.

3. Praying for my unborn daughter who God is calling into our family through adoption.


What would your list look like?

Would you like prayer? 
I'd love to stand with you believing God to move in whatever situation or circumstance you are currently facing.

the verse on my heart for this week:

2 Cor. 10:4

The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world.
On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.

3 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

A social worker in another county thought we'd be a great match for a nine-year-old boy based on our 2008 homestudy. But due to issues between counties, our local ss would not update our homestudy and the boy was just given to someone else. Pray for my heart : ( We've never been that close to getting a state child before. We've never even been considered which is why we went with Haiti.

Anonymous said...

My dad committed suicide 3 weeks ago. I am having a very hard time and find that people except me to be fine - and I am not - so Then they think I am going to commit suicide too, which is so crazy!! Feeling so much pain, both from my dad's death and the expectations of others. Please pray for me!

Natalie

Kimmie said...

Dear Natalie;

PLEASE email me privately with a way to contact you back (you have a no reply email with your postings currently). I really would like to be able to talk with you.
Yes, I am praying for you. May the God of all comfort, encouragement and wisdom be yours, both now and always.


Kimmie@overthemoonwithjoy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin