Feb 18, 2015

Love Until it Hurts



Once upon a time there was a girl, her name was Kimmie.  She loved Jesus.  She asked God for more of His Holy Spirit.  Everyday she asked for a fresh filling from God.

On February 14th, 2015, He spoke to her while she was serving the homeless and the poor.  It was a day she was overcome by the love she felt for these lives, that she got to rub against once a week.

  She prayed with several of them and felt God moving in her heart.  She cried as she prayed.  The homeless comforted her.  They gave her words of encouragement.  They told her she was making a difference.  They filled her heart.  

She wanted to quit.  She was discouraged. (which means afraid). 

 God says, "Don't be afraid."  

He sent Santiago, Daniel, Michael, Antonio and even Dotty to encourage her this day.  

She passed out 100 valentines.  She said, "Happy Valentine's Day" over 100 times this morning.  Never realizing it was the actual day. Someone else had made them, but was too shy to pass them out.  Somehow God has moved me out of shy, into a whole new world.  The world is so different than what she had ever known before. Somehow in all the stretching God had been doing in her life, she lost track of time.

She had been praying because her heart was so tender.  She wondered if she was too gullible or naive to continue serving Him in this place. She brought it to God in prayer, asking if she should 
 change and harden up a bit.

But He said, "Don't change.  I love your tender heart.  It is so in tune with my Holy Spirit."

He then spoke this to me...
"Love until it hurts, then you have it right." 

And that is what I do.  I jump in with all of my heart.  I feel the pain, not because of brokenness, or rejection, but because I choose to say yes to Loving whoever He puts in my path,
 until it HURTS.

I must have it right, as boy does it hurt! 
I think God is smiling.



3 comments:

Nanna Chel said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Kimmie. Love yours too. Working with the homeless isn't easy but I can see that you are being led by the Holy Spirit as you do so. How important that is!

Rob said...

I've come to realise that it's only true love that really hurts, if it doesn't hurt it's something else.

Deborah said...

Thank you for sharing your heart. Your blog and your family are beautiful.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin