Dec 17, 2015

When Christmas Seems Dark


A thought came to my heart as I was spending time with God.  I am learning to listen ever so carefully to what He is speaking to my heart.  I am asking Him to allow me to grow in this area, as it is a gift that I must confess that I buried for a good portion of my Christian walk.

May this bless your heart as you walk out today and the days that are coming, that draw us into celebrating the joy of our Savior, Jesus, being born in a dark and cold stable.  He came into the dark world to bring us Light and Hope.   May it fill you today my friend.

A song of David

The Lord is my shepherd.

I will always have everything I need.

He gives me green pastures to lie in. 

He leads me by calm pools of water.

He restores my strength.

He leads me on right paths to show me He is good.

Even if I walk through a valley as dark as the grave,

I will not be afraid of any danger, because You are with me.

Your rod and staff comfort me.

You prepared a meal for me in front of my enemies.

You welcomed me as an honored guest.

My cup is full and spilling over.

Your goodness and mercy will be with me all of my life,

and I will live in the Lord's house a long, long time.

 

Psalm 23 
Easy-to-Read Version. 


The only thing I would add is that a long, long time isn't the true translation...
slip in the word 'forever' and now we are talking truth.


I am praying for you.  ((hug))

 

2 comments:

Rhonda Gunn said...

Hug back♥

Winkel's Crazy Ideas said...

Amen to that. Wish you a blessed Christmas, Pam in Norway (hug too)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin