May 11, 2015

Anxiety Help


Help for those with Anxiety

Hope this opens your eyes and gives you a new outlook
on whatever it is that is causing you to be anxious.


These are from notes I added into my phone
(The Holy Spirit talks to me at different times,
 so I have found it super helpful to use the notepad on my phone)
as I felt the Lord nudging me to learn from Him on this:

Anxiety = a constant fearful uneasiness

Anxiety will never change a past mistake,
 prevent future calamity or supply us with anything we don't already have. 


The primary cause of anxiety 
(or disquietude, which was the word the Lord had whispered to me):

Fear of man


Proverbs 29:25  

The fear of man brings a snare,

 but whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe.

 

Worry 

accomplishes

NOTHING!

 

 Well, how then can we refocus our hearts and minds?

 Let's jump into the Word of God...

Proverbs 15:13

A merry heat makes a cheerful countenance,

 but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.   

 

 Heart:  our inner seat of our mind, our will and our emotions.  The Bible uses our heart to speak of our innermost source.  Out thoughts spring therefore from our hearts.


We need to focus on the positive things of life, so we can be filled with optimism and confidence.  Focusing on the things that is causing our anxieties (negative thoughts) will only keep us ensnared.  Our anxiety and that negative thought pattern will only keep us stuck in uncertainty and pessimism.

Escape route...the way out!! (Hope!)



Psalm 34:4-6

I sought the Lord, and He heard me, He delivered me from all my fears (anxieties).  They
looked to Him and were radiant, and their faces were not ashamed. This poor man cried out, and He saved him out of all his troubles.


David teaches us in this verse that we need to continue to cry out to God in our anxiousness and trust in Him.  God alone is our solution.  He can solve it for us, as we trust it fully to Him.


1 Peter 5: 6-7

Therefore humble yourself under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.


Philippians 4: 6-7

Be anxious (fear filled) for nothing (no thing), but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God; And the peace of God, which surpasses understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.



So, our solution is taking all our fears, anxieties, and doubts to God.  He will come to our rescue, as we humble ourselves before Him and ask for help to trust Him in it.

Ask God to help you believe:

Isaiah 41:10

"Fear not, for I am with you, be not anxious, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you with my righteous right hand."


Praying you find freedom from anxiety today.  Please let me know if I can help you by joining in you with prayer about it.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin